Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday...

Almost everyone has a Sunday routine.  Some go to church then head to a breakfast buffet after.  Some spend the morning in bed with the Sunday paper and a cup of coffee.  (Perhaps chillin' in your pajamas with a warm beverage makes the stories of revolution, climate change, financial upheaval, etc. easier to take.)


Of course for mothers it may just be an extra day to get the laundry done.

My routine for years was to get up, get dressed, and get my breakfast - oatmeal with raisins and black tea - prepared in time for Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood.  Nothing could be better.  I really miss Charles Osgood's soothing voice, it just makes me feel that everything is good in the world.  Nancy Giles was one of my favorite commentators - so funny and smart.  The many artistic interpretations of the sun filled me with warmth.

The hostels that I've been staying don't have television - which is cool but obviously I need to find a new routine.

Today I bought a Sunday paper and a cup of Kona coffee.  I'll try it out -see if it is routine worthy.


1 comment:

  1. Although I do not get to do it often my favorite Sunday routine is to do nothing. If I get to do nothing without changing out of my night gown it is even better. I especially like to take a nap on Sunday. I think I will try and dig up my very old homemade vhs tape of the Thornbirds and watch next Sunday. I loved Barbara Stanwyck just as much as I loved Richard Chambelain.

    ReplyDelete